TextWise - Delivering an automated, scalable, and contextual e-commerce solution on the web
Shortly after adopting TeamPage in the Spring of 2005, Rob Rubin (then CTO) of TextWise said "Since we've been using Traction® Software's TeamPage enterprise blog for our product development management, our culture has changed 100% to where our meetings and communications are totally driven by TeamPage.
See news coverage of this story in August 2005 | IT Execs Face Need to Link Dispersed Developers and August 2006 | Blogging Your Project.
Rob Rubin accepted the position of CTO of TextWise, LLC, a content-driven Internet solutions company with over 30 employees, when the company was in the middle of a major product launch that involved significant architectural changes to its products in a very tight timeframe.
1) Make project status transparent to everyone in the organization.
2) Leverage the talent of the organization for all design decisions, regardless of department or location.
3) Capture and share all QA test and spec information in one location.
4) Function as an agile development team that could deliver new software releases in 1-2 week turnaround time.
Rubin knew that the existing structure, communication methods, and tools in place in the organization would not enable the group to meet these goals.
The benefits of TeamPage that TextWise saw were:
1) Ease of configuration
2) Better security model
3) Ability to manage documents in addition to blog postings
4) Ability to utilize organizational tools such as labeling.
Within a few weeks, more than half of the TextWise organization was using TeamPage.
TeamPage now drives development meetings and status reports, enabling more productive meetings and the ability to leverage talent throughout the organization.